Smuge stick - white sage 15cm
Herb smearing - a ritual known from antiquity. The practice of smoking or smearing herbs was known in many regions and cultures around the world. Our white sage bunches are available in 3 sizes: 10cm, 15cm and 22cm. WARNING! The length may be slightly different from the specified. This is due to the different lengths of the twigs.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Repelling insects (mosquitoes, flies, midges and more)
- It disperses negative energy, cleanses from "evil spirits", traumas and negative energy
- It can improve your mood, it has an anti-depressant effect
- Used in yoga and meditation rituals
- It relieves stress
- It improves the quality of sleep
HOW TO USE:
Set a bunch of sage on fire and wait for the flame to ignite. After a while, blow out and incense the space, place or item. You can leave the hot bunch of sage in a safe place in a suitable vessel. Remember not to leave incense unattended, and above all, away from children. Do not use incense if you have breathing difficulties or are pregnant. Make sure the incense is completely extinguished before putting away the incense.
Please match to your product
What benefits are associated with the practice of smearing herbs?
- Sage is known for its antibacterial properties. This means they stop contagious bacteria, viruses and fungi. In addition, sage repels insects, which is beneficial in the case of an excessive number of insects, especially in the summer.
- It can help relieve the symptoms of certain diseases. It turns out that sage can help purify the air. Burning sage is believed to release negative ions. This is said to help neutralize the positive ions. Common positive ions are allergens such as pet dander, dust and mold.
- Sage used as a spiritual ritual - It was once believed that smearing sage also removes evil spirits from a room. For healers and lay people in traditional cultures, burning sage is used to achieve a state of healing - or to resolve or reflect on spiritual dilemmas. Some types of sage, including white sage, contain thujone. Research shows that thujone is mildly psychoactive. In fact, it is found in many plants used in cultural spiritual rituals to enhance intuition.
- Can help dispel negative energy - Smudge can also be used as a ritual tool to free yourself - or your space - from negativity. This includes past traumas, bad experiences, or the negative energies of others. This can help create a positive environment for meditation or other ritual. Choosing to sit and let go of negative thoughts in such a ritual determines your intention and commitment to self-improvement. The decision to engage in a ritual may be the beginning of a change of mindset.
- It can cleanse or strengthen certain objects. Burning sage creates an aromatic smoke that is crucial to the smudging benefits. You can use this incense to incense yourself or certain places. Or, according to some sources, you can incense certain objects. This can be useful for new purchases, gifts, or second-hand items.
- It can improve mood - the tradition of smoking herbs was practiced because it was believed that it "lifts us up" and allows us to get rid of negative emotions. Some studies confirm this. A 2014 study documented white prairie sage (also known as estaphyat) as an important traditional medicine for anxiety, depression and mood disorders in some cultures.
- It can help relieve stress. If smoking sage can improve your mood, it can also be a great ally against stress. A 2016 research project for the University of Mississippi found that white sage (Salvia apiana) is rich in compounds that activate specific receptors in the brain. These receptors are responsible for elevating your mood, reducing stress and even relieving pain.
- It can improve the quality of your sleep. Smudging has traditionally been used to protect against negative factors that could interfere with sleep. Some research suggests that sage contains compounds that may help relieve insomnia. Classic garden sage (Salvia officinalis) is sometimes burned like white sage. It is also used to improve sleep and relieve anxiety.